How to Express Stance in English
Expressing stance is one of expression which are learnt in high school. It is usually learnt as pre material for discuss more about exposition text; analytical or hortatory. The following expressions can be used to tell your own point of view about certain issue.
If you are in a formal situation, can use expression such as:
- Personally I believe their opinion
- My view of your opinion is…
- From my point of view, your opinion is…….
- According to the regulation, you……
If you are in an informal situation can use :
- If you ask me, your opinion is….
- I guess your opinion is…..
- You know what I think? I think……
Short Dialogue Expressing Stance
Ann: Our relationship is getting worse day by day.
Tom: It’s surprising me. I guess You do not really mean that
Ann: I do. I exactly believe what I said
Tom: What should I hear now?
Ann: It seem that we have to go in our own way
Tom: No, no. I don’t think you mean it
Ann: Yes I do