How To Make Effective Argument Essayakes
How To Makes Effective Argument Essay – A writer uses reasons and examples to add substance to his or her point of view. Contradicting viewpoints are also mentioned to add more credibility to the argument. You only have to follow the basics in writing compositions. You start with an introduction that gives the readers a clear picture of what your essay is all about. Then you spill out all the important points and details in the main body. Finally, you wrap up the discussion with a conclusion that convinces the reader of your point. To discuss in detail:
1. Introduction: This is where you give a brief statement on what your topic is about. You also point out what your standpoint is.
2. Main Body: This is where you give a full discussion on your reasons for supporting the standpoint. You also state specific examples, anything that will make your point convincing.
3. Conclusion: Here, give a brief summary of the important points you have discussed. You must also restate your position on the arguments.
What To Avoid To Make An Effective Argument Essay
1. Avoid informal language. Do not use colloquial or slang words. You must write in a formal style.
2. Avoid informal abbreviations. The key is to keep it formal. Keep your words at their basic form.
3. Avoid beating around the bush. Be brief and concise. Keep your sentences short.
4. Avoid using statistics without proper citation. Using statistics without proper referencing is a big No No in any type of writing. An opinion article is no exception.
What You Must Do To Make An Effective Argument Essay
Be firm with your stance
You must be decided on the viewpoint you wish to support. This will help you make your argument convincing. This will also keep you from beating around the bush. Communicate
Talk to your audience. Be direct. Be conversational. Your goal is to convince the reader that your opinion makes total sense. Be convincing
Make a list of reasons and examples that support your standpoint. Be passionate. Appeal to the emotions of the reader using an intelligent approach. You can use anecdotes or any idea that gives substance to your opinion. Feel free to refer to unusual facts. Do not forget to keep your writing style formal though.
Write effective paragraphs. Start with main points and avoid using long sentences. Use linking words and conjunctions to keep your sentences, paragraphs and ideas coherent.
One important ingredient when writing your composition is to be genuinely interested in what you are communicating. Do not choose to argue on a position that you don’t believe in.
The bottom line is that your argument essay must come from the heart; otherwise, you audience is likely to read right through you.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sarah_Brodie