Expressing Condolence in English
How to express condolence in English? We can use letter, card, a bunch of flower or even a donation. However if we want to say it orally, here are some key words and phrases which are commonly used to express condolence:
* I am so sorry to hear about your loss.
* I was heartbroken by this sad news.
* I will never forget when he/she……..
* You were such a dedicated friend/mother/sister to……………………..
* He/She will be sadly missed
* I’m sorry, but I am at a loss for words.
* If you need anything, please ask.
* When you are feeling up to it, let’s have coffee together.
* I’m here for you if you need anything.
* Thanks for taking the time to let me know about…..
* Please accept my/our sincere condolences.
* I would like to express my sincere condolences on the death of……………..
* I’m sorry I could not convey my condolences in person
Note: this phrases and sentences for expressing condolence in English is taken from: http://edition.englishclub.com/survival/condolences/